Tuition and Fees
First Nations University of Canada students pay the following fees:
- Student Union
- University of Regina services
- University of Regina Recreation and Athletic
- Student Association
- First Nations University of Canada Building Fund
- Course fees
Tuition and fees are due in full on the first day of each semester. Do not wait for a statement from the Finance Office.
All full-time First Nations University of Canada students are automatically enrolled in the Student Health and Dental Plan which has a fee.
To opt out, you need to provide proof of coverage and opt out either on-line (http://ihaveaplan.ca/) or in person (U of R Student’s Union).
On-Campus Tuition and Fees
Subject to change without notice.
Undergraduate Tuition & Term-Based Fees can be found online at http://www.uregina.ca/gencal/ugcal/fees/ugcal_51.shtml
Off-Campus Tuition and Fees
Off-Campus tuition and fees can be found online at http://www.uregina.ca/gencal/ugcal/fees/ugcal_51.shtml
Paying Tuition and Fees
Payment may be made by one of the following methods:
1. In person at the First Nations University Financial Services Office (Regina Campus), Registrar’s Office (Northern Campus), or the Campus Manager’s Office (Saskatoon Campus). Forms of payment accepted are personal cheque, money order, direct debit, Visa, or MasterCard.
2. By mail or deposit to the Financial Services mail slot by cheque or money order or by Visa or MasterCard provided that the Student Payment form (available on the University of Regina website) is enclosed.
3. By fax, using Visa or MasterCard and the web Student Payment Form (Allow three business days for processing).
4. At a Canadian chartered bank or Saskatchewan credit union (Allow three business days for processing).
On receipt of a letter from a sponsor such as a tribal council or funding agency, Financial Services will bill the agency directly.
The deadlines for payment of fees without penalty can be found in the Key Dates and Deadlines section. Students who have not paid their fees by the deadline are assessed monthly interest charges of 1.5% of the total amount owing.
Students who owe money to the university are not allowed to register, make changes to their registration or obtain transcripts or diplomas.
Accounts that are still not cleared after six months are turned over to a collection agency.
For questions related to your student financial account please contact Cory Gauthier in Financial Services, 306-790-5950 ext. 2410 (Regina Campus).
Automatic Refunds for Registration Changes
The semester is divided into three periods for fee refunds:
Period 1: 100% refund of tuition and semester and course-based fees.
Period 2: 50% refund of tuition, no refund of semester and course-based fees.
Period 3: no refund of tuition or fees.
Refunds generated by withdrawals in periods 1 and 2 are automatically credited to the student account.